We believe that patients have the responsibility to:
- You have the right to be treated with consideration, courtesy and respect in a way that fully recognizes your dignity, individuality and cultural background.
- You have the right to privacy in care for your personal needs.
- You have the right to information concerning your medical condition, in terms you can understand.
- You have the right to participate in decisions regarding your care.
- You have the right to an explanation about your treatment and tests including benefits, risks and alternatives.
- You have the right to give or refuse consent for treatment, including medication and to be informed of the consequences of giving or refusing treatment.
- You have the right to confidentiality of all information.
- You have the right to know the identity and profession of those responsible for your care.
- You have the right to express any concerns by contacting the Executive Director
- Persons with special needs or handicaps have the right to reasonable accommodation in accordance with the law.
- Actively participate with all caregivers in their wellness plan and treatment.
- Provide accurate information regarding their care.
- Accept the responsibility for the consequences of refusing treatment.
- Be considerate and respectful of all members of the Central Lambton Family Health Team and to other patients.
- Observe Central Lambton Family Health Team rules and regulations.
- Be responsible for all personal property.
- Accept the responsibility of all uninsured financial obligations.
- Voice any concerns first to their health care provider.