To be a leader in promoting health and wellness by supporting our community families and providing a multi-disciplinary team approach.
More on Family Health Teams
Family Health Teams provide patient-centered care and provide access to a number of primary health care services from a variety of team members, including your family doctor. For example:
- Your family doctor will continue to see you during regular office hours.
- You will have access to other independent health care professionals within the Family Health Team: registered triage nurses, a nurse practitioner, mental health counsellors, dietitians and pharmacists, a chiropodist, and more.
- If you see another doctor, nurse practitioner or other independent health care professional that is part of our Family Health Team for treatment, your own family physician will receive documentation about the nature of your problem so that he/she will always be up-to-date about your medical condition.
- If you need after-hours assistance, you can telephone the Family Health Team Telephone Health Advisory Service (1.866.553.7205) and a registered nurse will provide advice about your urgent health care concerns. With your permission, your doctor will receive a written summary of your call the next day, so that he/she is informed of the nature of the problem and the advice you received. Under this model, your doctor can follow up with you if required.
- The Family Health Team operates using the same information technology infrastructure (electronic medical records) to manage your health information and share it securely with other health professionals approved by your doctor.
For more information about Family Health Teams, visit the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.