*** NOTICE *** Friday Sept 23, 2016 the Central Lambton FHT site located at 4130 Glenview Rd, Unit 3 will be CLOSED ALL DAY for staff medical training.
The office will open again at 9am Monday Sept 26, 2016.
Please ensure arrangements are made in advance for prescription renewals.
Your support is appreciated as we strive to expand our knowledge to better your care.
Central Lambton Family Health Team
Job Posting: RPN (Contract, Part-Time)
The role of the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) in the Central Lambton Family Health Team requires a thorough knowledge of primary care nursing and the ability to function effectively in a team environment with physicians, allied health professionals and administrative staff. The role also requires a high level of interpersonal skills to interact with patients and their families. In addition, the RPN possesses and utilizes the knowledge, skill and judgement to function autonomously within the RPN scope of practice while collaborating with other members of the multidisplinary team to ensure optional health outcomes. This positon is a maternity leave contract for two days per week.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Triage patients based on acuity in a timely fashion
- Assist the Nurse Practitioner as required
- Review, collect and record patient data in the EMR
- Administration of immunizations and injections
- Work collaboratively with other health professionals to create and implement health promotion and disease prevention programs
- Provide education and/or resources to patients regarding their chronic disease including FHT chronic disease prevention programs
- Review and relay health teaching
- Continue professional education and growth
- Follow refrigeration “cold-chain” protocol and vaccine delivery as required by public health
- Order and organize vaccines including coordination of courier
- Potential application of holter monitors and documentation process
- Assist with reprocessing of medical equipment
- Participate in allied health team meetings
- Provide mutual support to other colleagues and staff members
- Assist in the collection of data as required for reporting purposes
Desired Skills and Experience
- Registered Practical Nurse diploma from a recognized institution
- Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Solid knowledge of vaccines and the Ontario immunization schedule
- Experience administering vaccines to adults and children
- Experience administering injections (i.e. B12, iron, depo provera etc)
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications
- Ability to work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
- Excellent organizational skills and above average attention to detail
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a commitment to being a “team player”
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
Please forward resumes to Jill Edwards, Finance and HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday September 19, 2016
Dr. Al-Attar and Dr. Mall are still accepting patients. Please contact the office for more information at (519)882-2500.
As a patient of a Family Health Team you have access to allied health services at no cost. They are located in the same space as the physicians. Includes: Nurse Practitioner, Chiropodist (foot care), Dietitian, Social Work, Diabetes Nurse, Quit smoking program, Medication reviews
The Central Lambton Family Health Team is the 2015 recipient of the Bright Lights Award for Building the rural health care team: Making the most of available resources.
More on Family Health Teams
Family Health Teams provide patient-centered care and provide access to a number of primary health care services from a variety of team members, including your family doctor. For example:
|Your family doctor will continue to see you during regular office hours.|
|You will have access to other independent health care professionals within the Family Health Team: registered triage nurses, nurse practitioner, mental health counsellors, dietitians and pharmacists, chiropodist, and more.|
|If you see another doctor, nurse practitioner or other independent health care professional that is part of our Family Health Team for treatment, your own family physician will receive documentation about the nature of your problem so that he or she will always be up-to-date about your medical condition.|
|If you need assistance after-hours, you can telephone the Family Health Team Telephone Health Advisory Service (1.866.553.7205) where a registered nurse will provide advice about your urgent health care concerns. With your permission, your doctor will receive a written summary of your call the next day, so that your doctor is informed of the nature of the problem and the advice you received. Under this model, your doctor can follow up with you if required.|
|The Family Health Team operates using the same information technology infrastructure (electronic medical records) to manage your health information and share it securely with other health professionals approved by your doctor.|
For more information about Family Health Teams, visit the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.