Our Information Practices
Collection of Personal Health Information
We collect personal health information about you directly from you or from the person acting on your behalf. The personal health information that we collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health history, records of your visits to the Central Lambton Family Health Team and the care that you received during those visits. Occasionally, we collect personal health information about you from other sources if we obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits.
Uses and Disclosures of Personal Health Information
We use and disclose your personal health information to:
- Treat and care for you within circle of care
- Share among your doctors, nurses, care givers, community care providers and all other team members who provide care and assistance to you, both within and outside our facility
- Processing, monitoring, verifying or reimbursing claims for payment under any Act.
- Plan, administer and manage our internal operations, conduct risk management activities.
- Conduct quality improvement activities (such as sending patients satisfaction surveys)
- Teach, conduct approved research, compile statistics
You may access and correct your personal health records, or withdraw your consent for some of the above uses and disclosures by contacting us (subject to legal exceptions).
- We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- We conduct audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance
We take steps to ensure that everyone who performs services for us will protect your privacy and only use your personal health information for the purposes you have consented to.
How to Contact Us
For more information about our privacy protection practices, our privacy contact person is Sarah Milner, Executive Director. If you would like to raise a concern you have with our practices, contact us at:
Tel: 519-882-2500 ext. 160
You have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto ON M4W 1A8